I hope you all can handle and enjoy a little Minnesota humor straight from this just-out-of-college and jobless previous PFM intern! I may not be Norwegian, but as a Minnesota native, it makes it all the funnier, doncha know?
So for your pure enjoyment, here is a version of the Ten Commandments, recently sent to me with love from my grandparents, complete with Minnesota stereotypes packed in for good measure, ya, sure, you betcha!
1. Der's only one God, ya know.
2. Don't make dat fish on yer mantle an idol.
3. Cussing ain't Minnesota nice.
4. Go to church -- even when yer up nort.
5. Honor yer folks.
6. Don't kill. Catch and release.
7. Der's only one Lena fer every Ole. No cheatin!
8. If it ain't yer Lutefisk, don't take it.
9. Don't be braggin' about how much snow ya shoveled.